Weekend Binge: We’ve compiled a selection of unique weekend dishes for various moods that you should try for a delicious meal.
Weekends are all about indulging in your vices. If it’s entertainment, hobbies, an outing, or cuisine, now is the time to go all out and possibly overdo it because we won’t be able to do it throughout the week. Anything regular is such a waste of time for those of you who enjoy cooking. Take advantage of this opportunity to spoil yourself and your loved ones with a high-octane buffet that will wow everyone. Here’s a selection of unique weekend meals for various moods that you should attempt for a delicious lunch.
Here are 5 Weekend Lunch Recipes to Try:
1. Hyderabadi Biryani
When it comes to special meals, biryani is almost always the first to come to mind. Rice is beautifully piled with fried onions, mint, and mutton cooked with a variety of spices and curd in this recipe. The biryani is wrapped in dough and baked slowly in the ‘dum’ technique. The recipe can be found below.
Recipe for Hyderabadi Biryani | Recipe for Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
Hyderabadi Biryani, one of the most popular biryani recipes, is a delicacy from the south that has spread across the country and even internationally. This flavorful and delightful gastronomical magic is a delight to savour and is frequently prepared in North Indian kitchens for dinner gatherings. Cook it at home to wow your guests at your next dinner party, and you’ll thank us afterwards! Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Ingredients: Half-boiled rice covered with fried onions, mint, cooked mutton, sealed with dough, and slow-cooked ‘dum’ style.
Hyderabadi Biryani Ingredients
1 pound of meat
1 tablespoon of sal
t1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
1 tablespoon of red chilli paste
1 tablespoon of green chilli paste (sauteed brown onions to taste)
1/2 teaspoon powdered cardamom
Cinnamon sticks (about 3-4 sticks)
cumin seeds, 1 tbsp
Taste with a pinch of mace to leaves of mint lemon juice, 2 tbsp curd (250 gms) 4 tbsp butter (clarified) 750 g rice (semi-cooked) 1 tablespoon saffron 1 cup of water half a cup of oil Ingredients for garnish: eggs, cooked carrots, and sliced cucumbers
Hyderabadi Biryani: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Wash and dry the meat. Add the meat, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, green chilli powder, sautéed brown onions, cardamom powder, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, mace, mint leaves, and lemon juice to a pan.
2. Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Combine the curd, clarified butter, semi-cooked rice, saffron, water, and oil in a mixing bowl. Mix everything up thoroughly.
4. Now apply the sticky dough to the pan’s sides.
5. Seal the pot with a lid and simmer for about 25 minutes.
6. Hyderabadi Biryani is ready for consumption. Serve hot with cooked eggs, sliced carrots, and cucumbers.
This Amritsari chicken masala recipe should be pinned to your kitchen shelf if you’re in the mood for some heavy-duty classic Punjabi fare. Chicken is dipped and cooked in a delicious tomato sauce thickened with cream and butter, as well as a variety of seasonings. This is flawless!
Chicken Masala Recipe from Amritsari | Chicken Masala Recipe:
Amritsari Chicken Masala is a traditional North Indian meal cooked with fresh cream, butter, and tomatoes in the signature Amritsari thick and creamy gravy. This dish, often known as chicken makhani or murgh, is a popular dish in Indian restaurants. The tomato puree gives the gravy its distinct colour. The delectable recipe is simple to prepare at home because it does not call for many ingredients or Indian spices.
Amritsari Chicken Masala Ingredients
To prepare the marinade:
chicken, 500 gms
2 tsp garlic-ginger
3 tablespoons curd
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of vinegar
1 teaspoon powdered coriander a teaspoon of cumin powder
1 teaspoon powdered red chilli
2 tsp onion, minced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp butter for gravy
1 teaspoon powdered red chilli
1 teaspoon powdered coriander
1 teaspoon cumin powder finely chopped
1 tsp ginger powder
1 cup of water
1 green chilli, 1 teaspoon salt Tomatoes
3 tsp butter 1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp. heavy cream
Amritsari Chicken Masala Recipe.
For use in marination
1. Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, ginger-garlic paste, curd, lemon juice, vinegar, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt, and chopped onion.
3. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
4. Set aside for 2 hours to marinate.
To make the gravy:
1. In a heated skillet, melt the butter and add the red chilli powder.
2. In a pan, sauté them.
3. Toss in the coriander powder, cumin powder, and ginger chunks.
4. Saute them thoroughly.
5. Add water to the pan and stir thoroughly.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, green chilli, tomato, and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
7. In a separate hot pan, melt the butter and spread it all around the pan’s sides.
8. Fill the pan with the marinated chicken.
9. In a skillet, melt the butter and cook the chicken.
10. Cover the pan to allow the chicken to finish cooking.
11. Remove the cover and check to see whether the butter has receded and the chicken has turned golden brown.
12. Mix in the cooked tomato gravy with the chicken.
13. Recover the pan and continue to simmer for a few minutes.
14. Remove the cover and stir the cream into the gravy.
15. Combine them thoroughly.
16. Top with butter, coriander leaves, and green chillies and serve immediately.
3. Aloo Qeema
If you’re a vegetarian, make this aloo qorma instead of the customary aloo and paneer sabzis for your weekend meal. Fried potatoes are cooked in a sour curd-based gravy with lemon added to make it tangier in this recipe. The cream is used to balance off the tanginess, making this aloo qorma a delicious dish.
Recipe for Aloo Qeema:
The few ingredients that constitute this wonderful dish of Aloo Qorma give a variation to your ordinary aloo ki sabzi. The rich flavour of this curry is enhanced with cashew nuts mixed with spices and yoghurt. It’s ideal for summer brunches and even dinner parties.
Aloo Qorma Ingredients and Medium potatoes
To make the yoghurt mixture, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
10 g ginger powder
garlic paste (20 g)
3 g powdered red chilli
6 g powdered coriander seed
Yoghurt, 125 grammes (whisk well)
Ingredients for cooking:
clarified butter (90 g)
Green cardamoms, 4 pieces
100-gramme sliced onion
30 g cashew nuts (blended with water to a fine paste) toasted salt
1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
1.5 g powdered black pepper
nutmeg powder, a pinch
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
3 tbsp dairy cream (fresh)
20 gramme finely chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Aloo Qorma (Aloo Qorma)
1. Wash the potatoes, peel them, and cut them in half.
2. Fry in a small amount of cooking oil over low heat. When the potatoes rise to the surface, turn the heat up to high and cook until golden brown.
3. In a mixing dish, combine all of the yoghurt mixture’s components and set them aside. Set a pan over medium heat and add clarified butter, and green cardamom, and stir until the cardamom changes colour.
4. Now add the chopped onions, toss to combine, and roast until golden brown. Stir with a cup of water until all moisture has evaporated and fat has formed on the sides.
5. Stir in the yoghurt mixture and continue to roast until the fat begins to emerge on the sides. Then add the cashew paste and roast until fat begins to develop on the sides.
6. Now add the potatoes, salt, whisk in one cup of water, cardamom, pepper, and nutmeg powder, cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes over low heat, or until the potatoes have absorbed the sauce.
7. Remove the cover, mix in the lemon juice for a minute, then add the cream and turn off the heat. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with coriander.
4. Dosa from Mysore
Take a break from normal dosa and try this exceptional Mysore masala dosa, which has captured our hearts since the first time we tried it. The best south Indian delicacy we can ask for is a crispy dosa stuffed with a hot potato filling and garnished with red chutney.
Masala Dosa Recipe from Mysore | Masala Dosa Recipe:
A crispy dosa with a hot red chutney made with garlic and red chillies that is slathered all over the dosa and loaded with mashed potato filling, similar to the traditional masala dosa.
Mysore Masala Dosa Ingredients
1 pound rice (par-boiled)
black gramme (quarter cup) (urad dal)
3 tablespoons toor dal
3 tablespoons semolina
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) to taste salt
For the masala dosa
Potatoes, 250 g
1 cup chopped onions
1 tsp minced garlic
1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped chilli Verde salt oil
1 curry leaf sprig make red chutney, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
5-6 cloves of garlic
Ginge r2 Red chillies, a pinch
1/2 chopped onion
2 tbsp chana dal, lightly fried salt
How to Make Masala Dosa from Mysore:
1. Soak all of the ingredients for four hours, except the semolina.
2. Combine the semolina, salt, and water in a mixing bowl. Make a batter and set it aside to ferment overnight.
Make the masala for the dosas:
1. Boil the potatoes, peel them and mash them.
2. Make a paste with garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, green chillies, and onions.
3. In a pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds.
4. In the same pan, sauté the remaining onions.
5. Add the paste and cook for a few minutes.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, potatoes, salt, and curry leaves.
Prepare the red chutney as follows:
1. Slightly brown the chana dal in the oven.
2. Alternatively, you may bake the onion, garlic, and ginger for a minute or just combine them raw.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender to make a paste.
Make the dosa:
1. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet and pour the dosa batter on top.
2. Drizzle oil around the dosa and cook until golden brown.
3. Smear the red chutney on the dosa.
4. Place some filling in the dosa, fold it in half, and serve immediately.
5. Pink Sauce Pasta:
If you want to take a break from Indian cuisine, this pasta with a white and red sauce combination is what you should cook. It will also be enjoyed by your children.
About Pink Sauce Pasta Recipe: A delectable blend of cheesy richness and tangy tomato sauce.
Pasta with Pink Sauce Ingredients
penne pasta (500 g)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
200-gramme vegetables (we used broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers), 4 medium onions, coarsely chopped
4 finely sliced medium tomatoes
6-7 finely chopped garlic cloves
Tomato puree (250 g)
3 quarts of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tbsp chilli powder
200-gramme cheese, grated
Leaves of basil
How to Make Pasta with Pink Sauce
1. Bring a big pot of water to a boil, then add the pasta and salt when it begins to boil. The spaghetti should dissolve in just enough water.
2.When the pasta is done, move it to a platter and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Add butter and olive oil to a big pan. Allow the butter to melt before adding the onions and cooking until they are transparent.
4. After that, add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook until the potatoes are tender.
5. Now throw in the tomato puree, chilli flakes, and cheese in the pan.
6. When everything is fully combined, add the fresh cream and stir quickly to avoid curdling.
7. Combine everything thoroughly, and the sauce will be ready.
8. In a large mixing bowl, combine the blanched veggies and pasta with the fresh sauce. Add black pepper and basil leaves to taste. Pasta with pink sauce is ready.